What Is a Talent Pipeline?
Instead of trying to urgently fill vacancies, we build custom talent pipelines for our clients that proactively socialize candidates, allowing you to meet qualified talent in advance of an open role. Talent Pipelining engages both passive and active talent to build a pool of candidates for current open roles and for future consideration.
Because we continue contact with all candidates in your Talent Pipeline, you’ll know what type of talent is available for future vacancies or new roles, allowing you to better plan for organizational growth while gaining a competitive advantage by keeping in-demand talent connected to your organization.
What Makes Up a Talent Pipeline?
Through proactive outreach to passive and active talent, we build a pool of engaged talent available to your company for open roles or future hiring needs. The talent pool will be maintained through company news and developmental contacts at regular intervals, allowing them to build a relationship with you as an organization before they’re even hired.
Talent Profiles: What Information Does a Talent Pipeline Provide?
As part of our Talent Pipelining service, Talent Intelligence will engage with the client, learning key information about both what they’re looking for in a career, as well as what they bring to the table in terms of hard and soft skills, experience, and more. TI will then provide a full candidate profile for each individual presented to client stakeholders, including the following data:
- Biographical and/or resume data
- Employment history
- Core skills (business and technical)
- Industry and general business knowledge
- Experience (local and/or international)
- Compensation details
- Career motivators / drivers
- Career preferences and mobility
Keeping Your Talent Pipeline Engaged Through Socialization
Our clients work with us for different reasons. Common to all is the desire to build warm pools of external talent to minimize the risk and cost associated with an unplanned vacancy, or the risk of not having the talent available to support growth plans. A key component to the Talent Intelligence approach is the building of relationships directly between the client and talented external individuals. This relationship is built during a ‘socialization’ meeting.
After the meeting our clients have:
- A clear picture of what the candidate wants from their career / aspirations.
- A sense of the challenges and developmental opportunities they are seeking, and how to use this to hook their interest should a role arise.
- Made a positive impression and enhanced their employer brand at a high level.
- Agreed follow-up actions and a clear understanding of how to continue to build the relationship.
The primary focus of socialization is to let you start making decisions on talent as early as possible. Getting to know the talent that’s available allows you to decide which talent to interview for open roles now and which to keep warm or develop for longer terms opportunities. As an informal meeting ahead of vacancy, rather than an interview, socialization provides an opportunity to position the business and specific roles to individuals, without the need to sell. Categories typically covered in a socialization meeting include positioning, career goals and hopes, development and growth opportunities, competency, motivation, mobility, and market insights.
Putting Talent Mapping to Use for You
As part of our transparent, flat free approach to talent acquisition services, all individuals identified through talent mapping exercises can be contacted at the organization’s discretion for no additional cost. Once we’ve identified the number of individuals agreed upon as part of our engagement, our work is done. We don’t believe in charging you multiple times for work we did once, meaning your candidates are your candidates from the day we present them to you going forward.
Not sure how to prioritize the candidates we’ve mapped out for you? Our solutions team are hiring experts who are happy to consult with you to make this complex process easier. They get to know you, your company, and your industry, and can recommend candidates based on this mutually developed understanding.
Role Profile Analysis
Talent Intelligence uses our Industrial-Organizational Psychologist designed Position Description Process to eliminate the inefficient trial and error candidate sourcing phase, identifying better qualified candidates sooner. The process triangulates the view of two (or more) subject matter experts with the existing job description to create a complete picture of the role, the ideal candidate, the career prospects, the functional group, and the work environment. We then augment this with a comparative analysis on competitor job postings against 5,000 postings comparing 8,000 skills to examine key role content and identify general market trends.
Job Description Bias Review
Backed by our Industrial-Organizational Psychologist-recommended best practices, we’ll review your existing job descriptions and provide recommendations to make them more appealing to diverse candidates. We’ll use algorithms we’ve developed, backed by our data and research teams, to remove instances of biased language.
In order to present your Talent Pool to you, along with the wealth of information we’ve gathered on each candidate, we’ll build a custom Talent Dashboard for you to access these talent profiles anytime, anywhere.
Talent Dashboards also include interactive, dynamic charts and graphs that help you understand key data about your Talent Pipeline and get to your short list of candidates faster.
For more information on talent dashboards, please explore our Talent Dashboard landing page or check out a sample Talent Dashboard here.
Stocking Your Talent Pipeline Using Market Intelligence
In order to best stock your Talent Pipeline with the right candidates, we utilize Market Intelligence to gather key data from the active and passive talent in the marketplace. On top of guiding us on suggesting the right talent, Market Intelligence also allows organizations like yours to make data-driven, informed internal business and strategic decisions when it comes to identifying trends, anticipating changes and events, retaining top performers, and recruiting rising stars.
As we continue to interact with external talent, we’ll gain an understanding of how your competitors are operating from a business and talent standpoint, including talent attraction and retention strategies. We’ll also get a sense as to how you are perceived as an employer, a service provider, and a brand in the market and industry.
The Key Benefits to a Talent Pipeline
Through the Talent Pipeline offering, Talent Intelligence will partner with you to engage with passive and active talent with a focus on identifying top tier candidates with diverse backgrounds. All delivered candidates are eligible for hire with no additional fees regardless of role or business unit.
Other important benefits include:
- Cost Efficiency. Talent Intelligence’s transparent, fixed-fee cost structure means there are no additional costs or success charges, reducing the amount you spend on external vendors and allowing you to allocate budget dollars elsewhere.
- Reduced Reliance on Search Firms & Job Ads. Unexpected vacancies happen, and can prove to be extremely costly. With a stocked and maintained Talent Pipeline, there’s no need to work with additional search firms or plaster job ads across every website imaginable. Instead, the talent you need is ready and waiting for you.
- Unlimited Hires at No Additional Cost. Not only do we find the talent to stock your Talent Pipeline, we’ll also maintain contact with candidates on your behalf for the duration of the contract. This practice of keeping talent warm cultivates interest in professional opportunities at your organization by communicating long term business initiatives and career development options. We also believe that, since we’ve already done the work of finding and reporting on the candidate, you shouldn’t have to pay more if you hire them at a later date.
- Exclusive Ownership of Your Talent Pool. We want to help you solve immediate hiring needs and reduce the impact on longer term talent challenges. Because we don’t share any of the candidates we present to you with our other clients, our ongoing conversations with these potential future employees are exclusively about your organization. This leads to reduced time to hire for “hard to fill” roles through access to pools of recruitment-ready talent.
How To Build a Talent Pipeline Strategy to Win
One of the few certainties you have as an [...]
What Diversity and Inclusion Give Back to Your Business
If your organization hasn’t already embraced diversity and inclusion, now [...]
What Every Diversity Program Needs
A diversity and inclusion program is not just a box-ticking [...]